Google Analytics Conference Overview
Our 2013 San Francisco BEST Practices conference, hosted at the Jewish Contemporary Museum, was a celebrated success. Participants enjoyed the combination of strategic thinking and specific instruction.
We will be back in 2014 and look forward to again fostering a place for inspiration, discussion and education. To be one of the first to know when our 2014 dates are announced, enter your email address to the right.
2013 Topics & Schedule
- 8:00 am - 9:00 amEarly Risers Forum: Google Analytics Can't... Or Can It?Ready for some early morning fun? Join Caleb Whitmore as he answers your "but Google Analytics can't do that!" protests.
- 8:00 am - 9:00 amRegistration & Caffeination
- 9:00 am - 9:30 amWelcomeIntroduction by Caleb Whitmore of Analytics Pros
- 9:30 am - 10:30 amKeynote: Best Practices & Lessons Learned From Over 200,000 A/B & Multivariant TestsKeynote by Dan Siroker of Optimizely
- 10:30 am - 11:00 amMorning BreakTime for questions, contemplation, sponsor interaction, and snack acquisition.
- 11:00 am - 12:00 pmKeynote: Calculating Your Return on AnalyticsPresented by Jesse Nichols of Google
- 12:00 pm - 1:00 pmLunch & Table-TopicsEach table will focus on a specific topic with an embedded expert. Choose your topic, eat, learn, and network.
- 1:00 am - 1:30 pmMuseum ExplorationEnjoy the space and take some time to think big.
- 1:30 pm - 2:30 pmIt's a Whole New World: Mobile App AnalyticsPresented by Andrew Wales of Google
- 2:30 pm - 3:00 pmAfternoon BreakMore time for networking, big picture thinking, sponsorship synergy, and afternoon caffeination (it's good for your health).
- 3:00 pm - 4:30 pmBest Practices WorkshopPresented by Caleb Whitmore of Analytics Pros
- 4:30 pm - 5:30 pmPanel Discussion & Q&AAsk the speakers anything you've ever wanted to know about Google Analytics.
- 5:30 pm - 6:00 pmShuttle to GoogleHop on the Google Analytics Bus-O-Fun as we jet to Google's San Francisco office for an evening of networking, eating, and analytical jokes.
- 6:00 pm - 8:00 pmAfter-Party @ GoogleHosted by Google Analytics Premium 345 Spear St, San Francisco, CA 94105
Caleb Whitmore is a veteran user of Google Analytics and a frequent speaker and contributor to blogs on the subject of Performance Marketing and co-author of the book Performance Marketing with Google Analytics. He is best known for helping clients to solve business and marketing challenges using Google Analytics.
Caleb is Founder of the BEST Practices and GAUGE Google Analytics User Conference circuit, and founder of Analytics Pros, a Google Analytics Certified Partner providing specialized products, consulting, training, and support to agencies, start-ups and enterprise-level clients worldwide. Prior to this, Caleb built the Search & Analytics team at POP, a leading independent Interactive Agency and one of the first Google Analytics Authorized Consultancies.
Caleb lives in Seattle, Washington with his wife and children and in his spare time enjoys Hiking, Skiing and Fly Fishing with his family.
Dan Siroker is the Co-Founder & CEO of Optimizely. Optimizely makes it dramatically easier for you to improve your website through A/B testing. The inspiration for Optimizely came from Dan’s experience as the Director of Analytics for the Obama Presidential Campaign and Deputy New Media Director for the Presidential Transition. Before Optimizely, Dan co-founded an online math game for kids called CarrotSticks. He was formerly a Product Manager for Google Chrome and AdWords. Dan graduated with Honors from Stanford University with a B.S. in Computer Science, and was named to Forbes’ 30 under 30 in 2012.
Jesse Nichols manages the Google Analytics Certified Partner program for North & South America, and also leads many strategic Partner initiatives for Google Analytics Premium. His passion for the product is matched only by his ambition to make the GA Partner Network widely known and respected as the leaders in the web analytics industry.
Prior to this role, Jesse was an embedded Google Analytics expert on the AdWords Agency Team, leading global training and education programs for clients, agencies, and colleagues. Jesse has a BA in Philosophy from the University of Michigan, with a specialization in Symbolic Logic.
As a developer programs engineer for Google Mobile App Analytics, Andrew Wales has been helping Android and iOS developers measure and monetize their native apps using Google Analytics for the past year. Prior to working on Mobile App Analytics, Andrew spent four years at Google helping businesses around the world implement and measure user engagement and commerce on the web using Google Analytics.